Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Girls can be girls....

So yesterday, Avery told me that her new "friend" told her that she wasn't pretty. Of course, my immediate reaction was "AVERY, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!"- and of course, Avery said confidently, "Yes, I know--I'm pretty!" (sassy, huh?). Afterall, when Avery was 2 she would tell people/strangers that her name was "cute" when they would ask Avery her name....)
Anyways, of course, I asked Avery what she said back when her "friend" said that mean comment....Avery didn't say anything back to that little girl.
Can you believe that little 3 yr old girls are so mean..... Come on!
Look at this precious face....

So I asked my little angel today if her "friend" was nice to her today. She said "no!" Of course, my heart was beating a little faster--thinking that this little girl had told my BEAUTIFUL baby that she wasn't "pretty" again.... so then I ask "Avery, why wasn't your "friend" nice to you today?".... And then Avery looked away smiling...and said "She told on me to the teacher"... of course, I asked "why?"..... Avery says-- "I was being mean to her". :) Haha ( I know I shouldn't condone naughty behavior--- but it was really cute- and no worries... I told her to always "be nice" to others) :) At least, Avery had a good day at school today. :)

...I can only imagine what Cooper will be up to when he's Avery's age.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious!!

my middle kid thinks he's Lightning McQueen. my wife and i don't do a good job of helping him think any differently.

The Whitmarsh Crew said...

What is it with 3 year olds and telling each other that they are not pretty? This same thing happened to Lauren last year in her class. A little girl told her that she wasn't 'pretty enough.' It nearly broke my heart. I almost chewed out the little girl's mother and then decided to refrain. I just told Lauren that what was said was not true and to not play with the little girl. It's so sad that the bullying is already starting!!!