Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day...


Today, in church, our pastor encouraged us to write a heart-felt letter of gratitude to our fathers... well, my dad passed away September 7, 06..... but here is what I would have *loved* to have shared with him....



Dad, thank you for always being my biggest fan! Ever since I was a little girl, I knew that I had a dad that loved, cherished, and absolutely supported me! I still have a lot of my valentine's day cards that you sent me while I was away at A&M. Even though I didn't have a "real" valentine, you always remembered to send me a card! You were so thoughtful! It always made me laugh because you always bought the same Valentine's Day card every year! Also, I still vividly remember all of the fun times we had together--like playing Crazy 8's after school, putting my hair in crooked pig-tails (yes, I didn't look too cute...)and taking bike rides to the park. You always put a smile on my face. I learned so many valuable lessons from you & mom! Thank you for every thing that you ever did for me! Even though, I may not have said as many "thank you's" as I should have, I am so wonderfully thankful that I had such a loving & supportive father! I'm still your little girl! Love, T





Well...there is my small little note that I would have LOVED to have shared with my dad! Just thinking about him puts a smile to my face. If you knew him, you would know what a good guy he really was--even if he was "obsessed" with his watches! haha! Even though I miss him so dearly, I am so thankful that my dad was able to walk me down the aisle (well, he really rolled me down the aisle--he was in a wheelchair at my wedding)! Also, I am thankful that he was able to see me become a mother (when Avery was born). He would have loved to have known Cooper & Bella Kate. I can just imagine how much fun he would have had playing with Cooper (my little monster).

I hope everyone had a fantastic Father's Day!




1 comments:

Tracey said...

Wow!!! What an incredible letter. You had a great father:)